- Great opportunity to contribute practically to a low carbon energy transition.
- Helping over 1 million energy customers across the GB.
About Our Client
Established in 2016 our client was specifically set-up with the sole purpose of finding an industry-wide solution for smart metering in hard-to-reach houses, apartment blocks and commercial premises. Specifically, where the broadcast signal from a smart meter communications hub is not strong enough to reach the gas meter or smart devices in the home. This problem affects around 5% of premises - and if not addressed could leave behind more than a million customers in the transition to a smarter, low-carbon energy sector.
Now entering a critical phase of delivering on their mission, we have the privilege of helping them identify an excellent Commercial Director who will be responsible for driving the commercial agenda of the organisation primarily through strong procurement and world class vendor management.
Part of a collaborative Senior Management Team, this is a pivotal role for a commercially astute individual to safeguard Alt Han's interests. You will be entrusted to drive all commercial negotiations with key vendors to procure technical devices and then also ensure all operational service contracts are fulfilled. Working with a blended team of consultants (internal and external) across a complex stakeholder environment you must demonstrate credibility across multiple organisational layers and be able to break down challenges into manageable tasks to deliver to tight deadlines in a highly visible programme.
Key accountabilities include:
- Lead the commercial and procurement teams in delivering a wide variety of complex commercially optimised equipment and services, managing stakeholders to ensure they are and remain confident in the commercial delivery in a cost efficient and timely manner
- Work closely with fellow Directors to ensure that delivery and service contracts meet the needs of the business and its customers
- Lead all commercial aspects of key delivery contracts with customers as well as other service provider contracts
- Ensure there is effective governance and commercial controls to execute and control the business
- Providing leadership, support and guidance to a diverse, eclectic team
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a collaborative leader who takes pride in building diverse, inclusive teams to deliver business goals. As Alt Han are still in growth mode and we reach a critical juncture in their journey, we seek an agile individual who will respond to a myriad of challenges - both foreseen and unforeseen. Consequently, you will be used to a degree of ambiguity and an outcome focused approach. At times, this may mean throwing yourself into unfamiliar terrain so an entrepreneurial mind-set or can-do attitude is certainly advantageous! Ideally, you will have the exposure of working in both large corporate environments to understand best practices, systems and processes as well as smaller start-ups/subsidiaries where you have been responsible for driving process implementation and adoption. At the very least, you will be excited by the opportunity to transfer what you have learned in a successful career thus far to a growing business.
Key must haves include:
- Successful Commercial Director experience in managing multi-vendor, complex IT, communications, infrastructure or technology delivery programmes, including cost control, budget management and commercial management of vendors
- Suitable candidates are likely to have been in similar senior commercial managerial roles within any of the following market areas: Energy Supply, Utilities, Broadband, Telecommunications and Hi-Tech, Meter Manufacturing, Consultancies, BPO Providers or Retail
- The ability to create and sustain partnership arrangements with key vendors through strong stakeholder management
- Post contract award optimisation and obligation experience is needed hence excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Strong evidence of creating and leading multi-disciplined teams - an ability to collaborate and co-ordinate diverse teams and manage stakeholder relationships well
- Experience of strategic thought process, able to develop the key drivers of the programme enabling the business to achieve its benefits, ensuring that measures of success are determined, measured and achieved
- Demonstrable track record in solving complex problems and managing risk to achieve the strategic objectives of a business or organisation
What's on Offer
- The chance to make a tangible contribution to a growing business, giving you the opportunity to learn far more from an operational/entrepreneurial perspective than is possible with some larger organisations
- The opportunity for accountability to lead and negotiate a package of technical solutions and related operational services with a combined budget of between £200m and £300m.
- A pragmatic and expert team around you (both within your line management responsibility and the wider Senior Management Team) that come with a broad range of business and personal experiences for you to leverage and add to
- Be in a high-profile role that will provide access to a network of other stakeholders, including Energy Suppliers, Government (BEIS) and Energy regulatory bodies (Ofgem). This is a wonderful opportunity to enhance your reputation within a high profile community
- Become part of an ambitious leadership team that seeks to be the provider of choice for future associated smart energy initiatives that require collective action.
- Make the transition to a low carbon energy sector a socially inclusive reality.
- Salary will be between £110,000 and £120,000 plus benefits depending on experience levels
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTN1997092Z
To apply for this position please click below.
How to apply
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org