Closing Date: 18/06/21
Salary: Competitive basic and benefits
Position Type: Permanent
- Lead and grow client engagements, working with leadership teams
- Work towards partnership in a rapidly growing business
About Our Client
Our client, Coode Associates, is an independent, specialist consulting and advisory company that works with CEOs and senior teams to improve the performance of their organisations through a focus on culture .
Our client's purpose is 'to put culture at the heart of business performance' with a driver of 'bringing the humanity back into leadership'. These objectives and principles sit at the centre of everything they do with a view to create impactful, sustainable change to how organisations operate and are run. Targeting FTSE 250-sized companies as well as fast growth businesses they build and maintain long term client relationships and seek to transform organisations through collaborative partnerships.
Often partnering with clients for many years as they transition through different cycles and M&A events, they are looking for an Engagement Leader to join the team and contribute to said expansion and to play a leadership role in the business.
As a result of its positioning and strong client relationships, our client managed through the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 without making redundancies and remained profitable. It is now growing strongly in 2021 and it is this growth that is fuelling the need to further develop the skills and capacity of its core consulting team.
Our client is an established consultancy with a strong client portfolio and growing network of senior executives and NEDs. To fuel the next stage of growth, the business needs a strong Engagement Leader who will ideally develop into a future Partner for the business.
Currently, the role will have three main components:
Leading client engagements: Acting as the main point of contact to client sponsors (typically CEOs and HRDs), managing consulting teams to deliver the promised impact and having oversight of the overall client project.
Commercially build the practice: Developing additional new business, both within existing client engagements (up-sell and cross-sell) as well as new clients through prospecting, networking and sales activities.
Operationally build the practice: Developing the IP, process, structure and capability to expand the business and develop scalability.
The Successful Applicant
The content and style of the work requires high levels of experience, judgement, flexibility and collaboration. Therefore, the successful candidate must be able to work in a variety of settings and teams, demonstrate a strong EQ and IQ and also come with a pragmatic approach to delivery - even at the most operational levels.
Whilst the purpose (the 'Why') and ambition ('What') are clearly set, our client's strategy and approach (the 'How') will continue to evolve. As a result, we are looking for someone who will thrive in a dynamic environment and relish the challenge of contributing to writing the next chapter of the organisation's story. Not only will you contribute new ideas and concepts, but you will also be hands-on in making these best practices a reality.
Experience as a senior executive in large international organisations (preferably in a position with P&L responsibility) is important in understanding the challenges typically faced in large, complex organisations and gain credibility from the CEO's you will typically interact with.
Key skills additionally required include:
- Advisor - act as a sounding board and source of advice. Should be based on personal experience.
- Facilitator - facilitating teams and large groups through unpredictable and exploratory sessions. This requires a combination of experience, confidence, energy, quick wits and mastery of the material.
- Expert consultant - demonstrating a deep expertise and knowledge base in the area of team effectiveness and organisational culture as well as a sound grounding in the Coode approach and toolkit.
- Coach - an enquiry-based approach to getting the best out of an individual or a team without providing them the answer.
These four skills need to be available to a consultant, coupled with the observation skills and judgement to apply them where appropriate, based on the context and client need. Not essential, but nice to have would include fluency in additional European languages, a strong business background and you will have either worked or lived abroad to better relate to the international nature of our client's client-base.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to progress into a partnership position swiftly
- Agility to build your own client portfolio to reflect your interests in the market
- Work within a culture of high support, investment and high challenge - both on an intellectual and delivery level
- A pragmatic, humble and diverse team around you, that come with a broad range of business and personal experiences for you to leverage and add to
- The chance to make a tangible contribution to a growing business, giving you the opportunity to learn far more from an operational/entrepreneurial perspective than is possible with some larger organisations.
- This role is primarily client-focused, with client work being a mix of virtual as well as in-person interactions. Our client maintains an office in Richmond, SW London and whilst the approach to work is flexible (doing it when and where makes the most sense to both the person and the work), there is a premium on developing relationships and collaborative working, so time spent together is deliberately planned and appreciated.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTN2575790Z
How to apply
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org