The Director role will form the basis of the clients senior management team. With the co-founders focused on growth, succession planning, and sustainability of what is a profitable, proven and highly respected private sector business operating mainly in local government and health sector, this is a fantastic opportunity for those who have entrepreneurial flare and ambition. In return the successful individual will be well rewarded both in terms of salary and share opportunities.
Strategy & Planning
- Active and effective member of the senior management team on all matters of corporate management, ensuring that the company achieves all its business objectives in a safe, customer focused and profitable manner.
- Continue to develop, enhance and embed our Value Proposition being an ambassador for our Value Proposition both internally and externally.
- Contribute to develop a 3-year strategic plan
- Working with the CEx and MD refresh the annual business plan identifying key activities and priorities in line with the 3-year business plan including sales, operations, people and profitable growth.
- To support implementation of the business plan as appropriate.
- Proactive in the development and marketing of propositions in line with agreed strategy and subsequent business plans.
- Manage your own profit and loss working to revenue and profit targets.
- Set and monitor operational budgets for the client sites you are accountable for, which feed into your own profit and loss.
- Accountability for development and sign off of all client commercial contracts
- Take lead responsibility for all account development on designated client sites.
- Proactively seek as well as support new sales opportunities.
- Support the development of new propositions and strategic/tactical marketing activities; manage the tailoring of propositions to meet the needs of organisations within the sector.
- Develop and manage strategic marketing activities with a view to raising the profile and competitiveness within the sector.
- Build and leverage contact-networks across the sector through direct contacts and participation in profile raising activities e.g. speaking engagements, proactive participation in industry associations/events etc.
- Develop/maintain relationships with key senior personnel and stakeholders within existing/potential client organisations throughout the client engagement cycle (before, during and after specific engagements).
- Accountable for operational delivery and senior stakeholder management for assigned clients.
- Be an ambassador for the development and sharing of best practice
- Corporately and for client group, ensure staffing levels are met and managed through ongoing resource planning, recruitment and talent management to meet operational delivery.
- Ensure all client contractual targets are achieved.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all aspects of delivery within the sector
- Personally develop Services Managers’ capability in line with their personal development plans and support joint personal development reviews with CEx /Services Directors.
- Personally develop Service Directors’ capability in line with their personal development plans and support joint personal development reviews with CEx.
- Lead, coach/educate and motivate a strong sector team and proactively invest in team development and communication.
- Participate in talent management activities (training, coaching, recruitment, etc.)
- Show commitment to personal continuous professional development; maintain own personal development portfolio and actively develop own skills and competencies to support (i) client engagement and (ii) personal career progression
- Ambitious with entrepreneurial flare
- Results driven
- Works under pressure and on own initiative
- Flexible approach/attitude
- Professional and positive approach
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org TopCon001
- Successfully grown a profit and loss account
- Significant understanding of Change Management and Operational Excellence
- Knowledge of the dynamics within the local government sector
- Experience of developing a strong network of contacts
- Excellent practice and business development skills