Our client's business is orientated around harnessing Java as the key to unlock business potential—now and in the future. They are devoted to giving Java new relevance by engaging and expanding an active, global community with the tools, insights, and innovation to bring Java to the world. They are the largest independent Java vendor, and they have one of the largest Java engineering teams in the world. They are a significant contributor to the OpenJDK project, and, with a customer satisfaction rating of 100%, they provide the world’s best commercial support for OpenJDK. They are also a founding advisory board member of a new community hub for Java developers and users of OpenJDK.
Their products are used by millions of Java developers, hundreds of millions of connected devices globally, and many of the world’s most successful businesses, including 27% of the Fortune 100, 50% of Forbes Top 10 World’s Most Valuable Brands, and all 10 of the world’s Top 10 financial trading companies. They are now looking for a Senior Manager for Product Marketing to develop and evolve the positioning, messaging and go-to-market materials for their Java products. In this role, you’ll partner with their Sales, Product and Customer Success teams to deliver high-impact product positioning, collateral, use cases, and sales training materials. Your main focus will be on translating the value of their Java support products to C-suite decision-makers and upper management including IT, security teams, architects, CTOs and product owners. This position requires a self-starter with a background in programming languages, preferably Java, and/or key big data technologies, such as Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, Ignite and Hadoop, who can run with direction and take initiative in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
● Develop value propositions, messaging, case studies, and collateral that supports sales enablement and engagement across our enterprise and corporate sales teams. You will lead the translation of technology capabilities into impactful product and solutions benefits that demonstrate business value and help train and equip a top notch sales team.
● Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing to create the strategic and tactical marketing plan to build and execute product marketing programs across multiple audiences and launch new product to market. You will analyze and identify market opportunities along with customer pain points to highlight the value they can bring; as well as disrupt the Java market.
● Be an expert on their customers, target market, competitors, and product capabilities.
● Comfortable presenting as an SME in front of audiences both internal and external.
● Provide key messaging materials and assets to sales team to be repurposed for training of a rapidly growing team, both enterprise and corporate.
● A content owner that can advance the quality and impact of demand generation activities and overall event experience.
● Support general product and sales marketing initiatives including launches, conferences and events and PR.
● Travel will be required, to Head Office, regional offices, and for events and customer visits.
Alternatively you may have marketing experience from Financial Services / Capital Markets / FinTech or InsureTech.
Other non sector related experience which is useful is as below:
● A great storyteller by demonstrating success building company and product narratives
● Ability to create persona-based and use case-oriented content for product users, senior technical decision makers and executives
● Knows how to drive success working with product, sales, partners and post-sales teams
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to produce stellar writing under tight deadlines
● Strong ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
● Team player and strong collaborator with a variety of people and teams
● Experience in the market and technology landscape of Java ideally
● Technical acumen, preferably a candidate that has experience in product related roles.
● Experience in the Java and JVM-based application landscape would be useful
Compensation | Benefits
● Competitive salary
● Generous stock options
● Full benefits package (depending on location)
● Career growth with an industry innovator which is going places
● Flexibility on location
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org TopCon005