Our client's business is orientated around harnessing Java as the key to unlock business potential—now and in the future. They are devoted to giving Java new relevance by engaging and expanding an active, global community with the tools, insights, and innovation to bring Java to the world. They are the largest independent Java vendor, and they have one of the largest Java engineering teams in the world. They are a significant contributor to the OpenJDK project, and, with a customer satisfaction rating of 100%, they provide the world’s best commercial support for OpenJDK. They are also a founding advisory board member of a new community hub for Java developers and users of OpenJDK.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org TopConTech Marketing/Voice of Customer
They are a high energy, high growth tech startup searching for a Manager, Customer Marketing (Advocacy) who will be an instrumental member of their marketing team. They are looking for a self-starter who can take the initiative in a fast-paced environment and help them evolve into the tech unicorn shaping up to be by taking ownership of and uplevelling their customer advocacy program. Your primary focus will involve working with field-facing teams to identify and enthuse customer advocates and tell their story to the broader Java community. You will work with the team of content writers, designers and experts to build and deploy engaging materials in a variety of media formats to broadcast through regular campaign channels, LinkedIn, Vimeo/YouTube, at events and other live, virtual and digital content. This position requires a self-starter with knowledge of and experience in running marketing programs and customer marketing involving foundation programming languages like Java, Python, R or C++, and/or big data technologies, who can run with direction and take initiative in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
● A customer advocate, building reference programs, coordinating requests with customer spokespeople, building out an arsenal of customer assets; and in general letting our customers tell or story and show the world what good looks like.
● Identifying a pipeline of customer advocates in collaboration with our pre and post sales teams and manage the conversion and approvals of public-facing references.
● Interviewing customers for case studies, press releases and customer videos; preparing written summaries of those discussions and/or the final written assets.
● Leading the concepting and production of critical customer assets like the customer page of our website and other key selling assets (e.g. customer success books, decks, videos, ROI/TEI, etc.)
● Work with core marketing team to support customer reference/endorsements in retention and upsell campaigns.
● Recruiting customers to participate in product programs such as launches, surveys, focus groups, beta programs, etc.
● Coordinate customer speakers and references for marketing initiatives including events, industry conferences, user programs, analyst relations, surveys, and other marketing content.
● Work with our legal team to finalize language for contracts and other customer reference arrangements.
● Work with our marketing and sales ops teams to track customer references, assets and other approved content in our implementation of salesforce.com.
● Collaboration with Product Marketing, CMO, Campaign/Growth Teams, Sales, Sales Engineering and Customer-Success teams to build and execute customer advocacy strategy and execution.
● Experience in enterprise marketing, ideally managing customer advocacy programs (but could be someone with content experience looking to implement customer advocacy).
● Lives and breathes the customer journey; can’t sleep knowing there’s an opportunity to improve customer success, retention & upsell conversion.
● Knows how to create a culture where customers are proud and honoured to participate in programs and help drive open source (with OpenJDK and Java) forward.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
● Strong ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
● Experience in the programming language and/or application middleware application landscape.
● Team player and strong collaborator with a variety of people and teams.
Compensation | Benefits
● Competitive salary
● Generous stock options
● Full benefits package (depending on location)
● Career growth with an industry innovator which is going places