Are you looking for a role where you can, put your experience and skills to good use growing a business, and continue to learn and develop as an individual?
Our client has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts, seeing our role on existing ones extended, and acquiring new service capabilities which complement our strengths.
They have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen the Energy team by appointing an ambitious and self-motivated Sales Director. You will be empowered to grow your networks and contribute to the future success of the organisation by maximising new business sales. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Energy Business Unit team, reporting to the Director of Energy. You will also be a contributor to developing new service propositions, meeting the changing needs of clients in the Energy sector, and supporting them to meet their goals and objectives through consultative selling.
The core focus of the role is to identify, prioritise and exploit new business opportunities by networking, developing strong, long-term relationships and supporting the development of solutions that meet Clients' current and future needs.
The right candidate will have a proven track record in the Energy sector of generating new business leads, negotiating and closing sales through direct selling as well as through bids. This individual will have the ability to understand and communicate to clients the technical and delivery aspects of Energy Services in areas such as Smart Metering, Energy Regulation, Testing and Assurance, Digital transformation and Cyber Security and related areas.
- New business lead generation and sales in the Energy sector to achieve revenue targets
- Contribute to the development of the Energy strategy, working with internal stakeholders to develop service propositions
- Understanding market conditions and prioritising activities to maximise sales and grow future sales pipeline
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of our services and ways we deliver them to generate value propositions for use in consultative selling,
- Helping to grow awareness of our brand through a network of contacts across the Energy sector complementary to our service offerings
- Growth of new clients won through upselling and cross-selling
- Development and successful execution of campaigns/events targeted at key clients sectors of the industry, working closely with colleagues in Consultancy and Marketing
- Identifying and tracking potential bids and tenders using our sales platform
- Writing proposals and bid responses
- Negotiating on and closing sales
- Experience in selling consultancy or similar services in the Energy sector
- Experience of nurturing and tendering for multi-year contract bids with multi-million pound values
- Experience in developing strategic, multi-level relationships within clients through networking and partnering
- Proven track record in generating and successfully closing sales opportunities within the Energy sector
- A developed network of Energy sector contacts
- Proven experience in building and maintaining exceptional relationships with clients
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of the Energy ecosystem, it’s challenges and opportunity areas
- Strategically minded and capable of generating new business opportunities
- Excellent communication and written skills including bid and tender responses
- A self-starter who is creative and able to drive sales autonomously while working collaboratively with colleagues to support bids and to deliver services
- Have strong interpersonal skills, able to build strong and trusting relationships
- Track record of effective and inclusive Sales leadership
- Ability to develop strategies to influence agendas and raise the client's profile
- Experience of coaching and developing colleagues to recognise and optimise growth opportunities
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopCon001
please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org