Our client is a leading consulting firm who are undergoing rapid growth and are looking to expand their offering in the area of People Focused M&A Advisory
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopConM&A People Change
Your opportunity - Mergers & Acquisition Change Manager
Are you passionate about Mergers & Acquisitions? Are you motivated to make a direct impact in an ambitious and growing team? The Mergers & Acquisitions team is looking for driven and collaborative individuals to support the development and delivery of their clients' inorganic Corporate Growth Strategies. Specifically, they are looking for candidates with experience in M&A and corporate restructuring, either in-house or from a Consulting background.
Their offering combines leading acquisition and divestiture experience with deep industry and functional expertise. Their team prides itself on addressing the objectives of their clients' senior decision-makers, and they always seek to serve their clients holistically. Accordingly, they draw upon and work collaboratively with other parts of the organisation.
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
They encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for their people and their clients.
With business leaders increasingly citing talent as a driver for M&A, the role of HR in transactions has never been more important. Our client is passionate about the importance of people in helping to deliver transaction value. They advise and support HR leaders and teams through some of the most challenging issues that they will encounter in their careers. You will support HR functions at all stages in the transaction lifecycle, with a particular focus on capturing deal value through successful integrations, standing up carved out organisations or transforming an organisation post separation. You will also play a key role in the People M&A team; developing thought leadership, identifying opportunities and developing people.
• Leading HR workstreams on client M&A projects, particularly in Financial Services, including mergers, integrations, carve-outs and divestitures with a focus on transforming the organisation post transaction
• Providing insight to clients on how to manage people issues and risks in transactions and as they transform to capture deal value, this could include advising on employee relations, talent strategy, EX, change & comms, culture, reward, organisation design and HR transformation
• Planning, scoping and shaping the HR workstream and identifying new opportunities within clients for the wider firm
• Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
• Supporting the development of thought leadership on People M&A
• Developing client proposals, working closely with colleagues from across the firm
• Contributing to the People M&A community across the firm through organising client events, internal information & learning sessions and other initiatives
You will be based in the London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, they do spend time on site with regional and international clients. They specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
• Experience of handling HR matters in transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and carve-outs either in-house or in a consulting context within the Financial Services sector
• Experience and understanding of the challenges facing HR as they transform post transaction; whether that be standing up as a newly separated organisation, as a newly integrated organisation or as an organisation that has sold part of its business
• Knowledge of TUPE and/or other people transition and labour relations experience.
• Experience of one of the following areas in a post transaction context; talent strategy, EX, change & comms, organisation design, culture, HR transformation / operating model, reward.
• An understanding of the people related risks that arise during and after transactions and implementing mitigation strategies.
• Project management skills including mobilising teams, building project plans, tracking milestones etc.
• Significant exposure to working in a fast paced environment to tight deadlines.
• Working with multi-disciplinary teams and ability to work collaboratively
Your service line: Consulting
Their people and the way they work are the two things that set them apart in the consulting universe. For them, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. They work closely with their clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving their clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on them to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.