Our client is looking for a Manager to join their smart, creative, fun and growing team. As a Manager you will lead on development and implementation of change initiatives, drive executive alignment and radical organisational change, customer journey mapping, implementation of experience design as well as marketing transformation and employee engagement so that our clients achieve their business results.
They work with some of the world’s largest brands, as well as up and coming companies, to bring human-centred solutions to their most pressing needs. Their team and clients span the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Singapore.
As a Manager, you will lead on developing solutions for clients as part of a project team and will often be working across multiple projects. This work may range from leading client meetings, project management, supporting new business activities, developing communication strategies or presenting our latest thinking to our clients.
They are looking for someone who is a go-getter, strategic, organised, detail oriented, creative and a great team player. If you are looking for a role where you can learn from hands-on leaders and diverse mindsets as well as have opportunities for personal growth, this company could be your perfect fit.
• Actively participate and often lead new business proposal deliverables
• Exhibit knowledge and skills around client growth and planning
• Be able to provide project management oversight and exhibit complex project planning and risk mitigation skills
• Able to manage project budgets/hours
• Be experienced in managing staff resources across multiple clients
• Drive ideation and brainstorming sessions to surface unique ideas and solutions to complex problems, while encouraging others to do the same
• Confident in leveraging analytics and use past experiences to increase value of counsel to clients
• Be able to anticipate client needs based on past experiences to deliver results
• Build and own client relationships, acting as a trusted advisor, keeping a pulse on future opportunities
• Confidently activate their network effectively to build proactive, lasting relationships, whilst actively listening and managing conflict effectively
• Participate in growing and retaining talent through formal coaching and feedback
• Begin to identify team capability gaps/needs and ways to fulfil broader ambitions
• Take a strategic leadership role in office and company events
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopCon001
• Masters Degree in Occupational Psychology/ Organisation Design or similar, or MBA
• Established experience in consulting and/or marketing/brand planning and strategy, customer/category insights, business development, sales
• Career interest in consulting
• Strong leadership skills and have led a team of 2-3 individuals that directly/indirectly report to them
• Strong written and verbal communication and storytelling skills
• Creative problem solving and conceptual thinking skills that can be applied tactically to deliverables or to strategies and frameworks
• Strong analytical skills and is detail oriented
• Project management skills – is able to effectively manage their time and prioritise multiple and sometimes competing tasks
• Comfortable with international travel
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org