An exciting opportunity to join a well-respected and growing boutique consulting firm, with an impressive client portfolio and a focus on the public sector primarily. They are looking for ambitious, curious and creative people who want to drive change and make things happen with end-to-end exposure across projects. Would you like join a company with the energy of a start-up, competing with ‘The Big Four’? Do you want to make a difference and bring about meaningful change to a variety of organisations? Do you want to develop your skills in a coaching focused environment designed to help employees perform at their highest level?
You’ll work closely with all team members (and directly with the client’s teams) to help their clients transform their organisations and the way they deliver services and develop products. As well as delivering high quality work for our clients, we want you to help us lead the team and build the business, looking for opportunities where we can add value and thinking in an entrepreneurial and imaginative way.
Who they are looking for:
They are looking for someone with drive and vision, coupled with really strong thinking, communication, stakeholder management and leadership skills. We want people with a keen intellect who can think and plan strategically, focussing on the detail when required in addition to being able to work your way through ambiguous or complex situations. They are particularly looking for someone with the capability to manage digital products and data transformation for high-profile clients. To succeed, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Product ownership: Creating, maintaining and prioritising product backlogs and roadmaps to shape the work of a delivery team
• Agile working: Designing, releasing and continuously improving great digital products through leadership of cross-functional agile teams
• Life-cycle perspective: Knowing how to deliver successful outcomes across the full product life cycle - Discovery, Alpha, Beta, using a range of tools and techniques, including developing sustainable support models where needed
• User focus: Engaging with users, working with researchers and synthesising product improvements from qualitative and quantitative insights
• Stakeholder management: Engaging with senior management, representing the work of the team and showing the value of the work to overall organisation goals and the user needs it meets
• Data and technology: Leveraging data and a practical understanding of technology to optimise customer experience, inform backlog prioritisation and measure KPIs
• Knowledge of different sectors and specialisms– including government digital transformation and a good knowledge of agile – would be an advantage. You will need excellent interpersonal skills to manage a variety of stakeholders, resilience, perception and flexibility to adapt to different situations and pivot effectively.
You may come from a digital, consultancy or transformation background - but whatever the nature of your previous experience, you will have built up significant experience of operating and thinking at a senior level in a stretching environment, and be looking for opportunities to take on responsibility for client delivery and business growth.
They will give you the opportunity to combine client delivery with a range of management and leadership responsibilities. You could, for example:
• Oversee delivery of our services in specific areas. Shape, define and lead engagements and projects, taking responsibility for quality and delivery.
• Coach and manage other people, developing and growing our in-house capability, by developing our people (through our existing coaching and learning programme, on-the-job experience and mentoring), enhancing our methodologies, recruiting new people and sharing good practice.
• Develop and deploy business development strategies in agreed areas of strategic importance. Recommend to the Directors how you think they could evolve and expand our current services –
assessing opportunities for both expanding our services and taking our existing services into new markets and sectors, and working in or building partnerships with other organisations as appropriate.
• Apply their capabilities to new and existing clients, building and maintaining trusted advisor relationships. Help clients think through what they should / could do, to achieve the outcomes they need, working strategically with them to challenge and extend their thinking and explore options.