Our client makes moving anything, anywhere easier, more affordable and greener for everyone. With Over 8 million customers across the UK and Europe since our launch over a decade ago, they ar proud to be known as the largest, fastest growing tech company in the logistics industry.
Like many popular marketplaces, they are asset light – i.e., we don’t own any vehicles or employ any drivers. We work with our transport partners and use technology to disrupt the entire delivery and moving process and to optimise the most efficient journeys for consumers and many recognised household brands, including TK Maxx, UniDays, Dunelm, Santander and Hunters.
Sustainability is a core part of their mission and reducing environmental impact has always been at the heart of our business. They are proud to say they have achieved carbon-neutral status on all our transport moves, and we won’t stop here.
Their Strategy Team: makes it easy for the business to achieve amazing things by defining our strategy as a business, and the plan for the business to achieve that strategy. They take responsibility for strategic initiatives, balancing strategic thinking with a hands-on get-stuff-done attitude. They are a trusted thought partner to all areas of the business, delivering high quality and practical intelligence to support improvements and achievements across all areas of the business. We ensure that the business has appropriate ambitions, maintaining a focus on where we can create value and ways that we can maintain a high growth trajectory, and they maintain a fast pace of progress within the team.
Joining their small but growing strategy team means you’ll get a broad range of exposure to a wide range of projects to help us deliver on strategic corporate initiatives. This is a genuine opportunity to be the data guru within the team and help us understand trends using both financial and non-financial analysis and translate that into tangible strategies and action plans.
What you'll be doing:
• Work on and manage multiple projects across the business that support the development and monitoring of our strategy
• Support with the planning and coordination of strategy sessions with the Global Leadership Team, including the preparation of supporting material to facilitate discussions
• Support stakeholders to scope strategic issues, making sure we are asking the right questions, are gathering the right data, and undertake economic/financial analysis to support the decision making
• Use financial and non-financial modelling to generate key insights and foster objective decision-making and align efforts to organisational objectives and drive high value impact
• Investigate strategic questions, setting the parameters of what to analyse, and carrying out iterative analysis to understand the heart of the issue
• Providing ad-hoc strategy & analytical support across the business as needed, with the broader Corporate Strategy team
Skills and experience we think you'll need to be successful in the role:
• Experience in a strategy consulting role
• Highly analytical and enjoy problem solving
• Excellent Excel / Google sheets skills (SQL/Power BI/Tableau would be advantageous but not essential) and able perform in-depth analysis and to create financial models, reports, consolidate information etc
• Comfort working with imperfect data, drawing appropriate insight whilst maintaining an understanding of limitations of incomplete data
• Able to pull insight from data to help drive objective decision making
• You'll have clear written and verbal communication skills - with an ability to influence others and bring them with you on the journey
• Easily adopts change and demonstrates agility and flexibility when direction or priorities shift
• Track record of good performance
We are extremely proud of our culture and believe in the many benefits that being in the office provides and all of our roles require regular time in one of our key offices depending on where you’re based.
They support flexible and hybrid working wherever possible but some roles remain fully office based. Where we can support it, typical working patterns would be 3 days in the office 2 days from home. However, they appreciate everyone’s situation is unique and are open to conversations around the working patterns.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopConrichard@mindbench.co.uk