Our client is a tech platform business focusing on improving the effectiveness of boards through information and analytics. They are looking for a Manager to join their thriving Specialist Delivery team
The company itself focuses on improving the effectiveness of boards through the information they receive. They are growing rapidly and are looking to expand their specialist delivery team.
What is Specialist Delivery’s remit?
- Deploy the platform and deliver measurable improvements to clients’ board packs and meetings
- Develop bespoke solutions to clients’ Board and Exco challenges, which typically take the form of consulting deliverables
- Deploy the service wrapper, an advisory-led offer for our most significant clients
What will you be responsible for?
Working closely with the Head of Specialist Delivery:
- Manage client projects to ensure onboarding of the platform is delivered to plan, on time and with measurable impact (agreed at the outset)
- Implementation of bespoke consulting solutions e.g. organisation dashboard, specialist report templates, customised training workshops
- Manage junior members of the team to make valuable contributions to client projects and team goals
- Initially support and, in time, lead client events e.g. Academy Live, an online learning event for their community of clients
- Suggest improvements to the client offering, processes or systems to enhance onboarding and drive client adoption of the platform
What they are looking for
- Experience working in strategy development, commercial due diligence, or an analytical/ advisory role to Boards or CEOs e.g. in banking. We prioritise individuals who have exposure working directly on the CEO's agenda over operational consultants. The reason for this is perspective; understanding the issues that are likely to be on the mind of the CEO gives you credibility to advise them.
- Commercially astute and curious about business models, value creation and how organisations are responding to the big shifts in society, the economy and the planet
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Someone who relishes the challenge of new situations rather than following a prescribed formula
- Exceptional communication skills - both in person and written. Board reporting is our sweet-spot so concise, compelling writing skills are a must
- Strong project management skills; someone who thrives on juggling multiple workstreams and priorities
- A team player with a propensity to coach and nurture a culture of growth amongst your team
- Experience working with senior (Board, Exco) stakeholders is beneficial
- Comfortable navigating financial accounts
- An ambassador for the client – professional, acts with integrity, embodies our company values
- You’re a ‘do-er’, taking great satisfaction in getting a job done well
- Has presence and gravitas to become a trusted advisor to CEOs (e.g. to provide feedback on the CEO’s report to the Board) and Chairs (e.g. to advise on meeting planning).
- A positive disposition and able to keep calm under challenge. Handles questions openly and thoughtfully
- High emotional EQ, able to anticipate client objections, empathise with and solve for concerns
- Big picture thinker with meticulous attention to detail in client deliverables
- Enjoys problem solving involving e.g. barriers to change, presenting complex ideas simply, option development, using pyramid thinking to unpack a topic or decision
- Develops effective working relationships with client project members and the secretariat team to overcome barriers to implementation and delays
The Manager level sits in the middle of the team structure. Analysts and Consultants support Managers and there is an opportunity to progress within the team to Senior Manager and Director.
The Specialist Delivery team is a fabulous springboard to other roles in the company, we have had colleagues move on to roles in sales and product development. More broadly, the privileged access we get to CEOs, Chairs and board members means that the role will equip you well to work in any environment where the Board or Exco is the main setting.
The Specialist Delivery team come from strategy consulting and investment banking.
Specialist Delivery is part of a larger Commercial Team. It spans Marketing & Events, Business Development, App Implementation, Customer Success. Their backgrounds are varied and together they ensure their network, prospects and clients have a fantastic experience with us – from the exploration of initial interest, through to a slick and professional sales process, tailored platform onboarding and value-add throughout the client lifecycle.
Salary and benefits:
They pride themselves on having a great work environment and offer a competitive salary and package including:
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopCon001
- Competitive salary & pension scheme
- Personal performance bonus
- Company performance bonus share
- 26 days holiday each calendar year
- Bupa health & dental cover
- Group life insurance
- EAP; AIG Smart Health and Bereavement Counselling & Probate Helpline
- Daily breakfast, drinks, fruit and snacks
- Regular training & development, mini MBA series, lunch & learns
- Travel card loan & cycle to work scheme
- Competitive parental policies
- Gym membership discounts
- Monthly company socials, Friday drinks