Our client is a London based, leading executive search and leadership advisory firm working across all consumer-facing industries.
The business is one of the pre-eminent boutique Consumer focused search firms in Europe with an enviable client list covering many of the world’s most respected retailers, luxury brands, hospitality and leisure, consumer goods and private equity businesses for whom they have introduced, Chairs, Board Directors, CEO’s, CFO’s, the entire range of C-Suite leaders as well as executives who report into these business leaders.
As a result of its success over the past few years and its future growth plans, the business is seeking to hire Consultants to work for Directors in specific Practice areas.
Associate Consultant (AC), Role & Responsibilities
The AC role is focused on specific market specialisms and balances execution and delivery responsibilities with evolving business development responsibilities as the individual develops a sophisticated network and relationship skills.
AC’s hired with no prior executive search experience may be required to spend time, on joining the firm, learning core research skills as an Associate, in order to better manage research resource in the future and to underpin the quality of their search work as Associate Consultants.
AC’s who are successful in this role will be considered for promotion to Director level, subject to their leadership, cultural and BD contributions to the business and, such promotion decisions will be at the sole discretion of the Managing Partners. Reporting to specific Practice Directors, and to the Managing Partners, you will play a pivotal role in the successful and profitable development of the client through:
- Practice focus – you will focus your efforts on developing a ‘major’ Practice area and where appropriate, a ‘minor’, which could be a functional specialism. Your major could be either the Consumer/FMCG Practice or the Travel, Leisure & Hospitality Practice although there will also be opportunities to work across the wider business Practices where required.
- Delivery of multiple projects with a high standard of quality either as lead Consultant or overseeing others and maintaining close proximity.
- Ensuring that the opportunity for repeat business is maximised through developing outstanding relationships with the client/s and delivering an outstanding service
- Executing end-to-end projects on behalf of the Directors and Managing Partners
- Multi-tasking on multiple projects at one time
- Time management – organising yourself to be able to dedicate time to Execution and the BD opportunities that arise from execution, in order to hit targets and maintain quality
- Utilising the database for project management to ensure that IP is well documented and available to others
- Client development and fee generation:
- Once you are established within the business and your specialist Practice, and are executing high quality work as above, then we will work with you to create your business plan for the profitable development of your area of specialism. This will include client retention, client acquisition, touch points, marketing, PR and driving relationships with clients that lead to new business and will include:
- developing appropriate existing clients and seeking out new clients
- developing IP that positions you as an adviser to your chosen market
- developing a Practice marketing plan to include PR, events, IP and touch points
- leveraging the Managing Partners, Directors and other Associates to maximise the success of your practice
- working with the Marketing team, ensure that an effective marketing/touch point plan is developed and executed through events, intellectual property and other strategies aimed at differentiating them from the competition and positioning the firm as the first choice for Consumer and Retail search
- You will be a culture carrier for the firm
- You will be a role model for others
- You will seek to improve the firm and leave a lasting legacy
- You will contribute to firm projects and Committee work
- You will be the source of new ideas and improvements to the firm
- Self-development and training: we will work with you to ensure that you have a personal development plan in place and are continually learning and developing
Success will be defined by:
- Learning core research skills
- Exceptional quality of execution
- Happy clients
- Motivated team
- Being recognised by your colleagues as a role model
- Collaboration and communication across the business
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: email@example.com TopConretail consumer
- Developing and executing a clearly defined business plan
- Leading on a number of BD activities (white papers, events etc)
- Your revenue generation from existing, and with new, clients
- Promotion to Director